Managecore is seeking an experienced Network Engineer, in this role you will be supporting our customers while working with some of the hottest technologies in the IT industry such as cloud computing, Network Security, ERP, and Managed Services. We partner with the likes of SAP, Google, VMWare, Amazon, and Microsoft. We are looking for an energetic and motivated person to learn and support these technologies from a networking perspective, achieving your goals and having opportunities to grow and impact our business.
As a Network Engineer, your goal will be to design, deploy and manage client-based networks. You’ll be responsible for understanding technical requirements, deliverables, and timelines in order to meet customer expectations. Although past network experience is important, we will bring you up to speed on the other technologies and our delivery processes to make you successful. We need you to bring your energy, technical skills, and your winning attitude!
- A demonstrated history of working on highly technical projects
- Ability to establish trust within a network of customers, employees, partners and vendors
- Willingness to learn new technologies and processes
- Be confident speaking with various level contacts within an organization
- Confidently make decisions and get buy–in from team members
- 4+ years in a network administration role
Qualifications and Requirements
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration and directing system installation.
- Ability to troubleshoot IPsec tunnels between multiple vendors Routing Protocol configuration and troubleshooting (BGP, OSPF, RIP, etc.)
- Experience with Splunk or similar SIEM tool.
- Proven abilities in systems management, incident management, vulnerability management, and identity access management.
- Knowledge of security standards (e.g., ISO, ISF, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, etc.)
- Must be familiar with industry trends and new technologies.
- Maximizes performance by troubleshooting network problems and outages and scheduling upgrades.
- Establishes and maintains network performance.
- Builds network configurations and connections.
- Work with customers to troubleshoot network problems.
- IP address auditing.
- Defines, documents, and enforces system standards.
- Configures routers.
- Updates data servers and network equipment.
- Collaborates with solution architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Training and certifications
- Managecore is headquartered in Milwaukee, WI but telecommuting available for qualified candidates
- Limited travel